Met Gala Gown
Met Gala Gown
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus
Style

Five of my Favorite Past Met Gala Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

In honor of the 2023 Met Gala coming up, I want to share five of my favorite Met Gala looks through out the years.

1. Blake Lively: 2022

Starting off strong we have Blake Lively at the Met Gala in 2022. The theme for the gala was “Gilded Glamour”. Her stunning look inspired by the statue of liberty transformed from cooper to green effortlessly on the carpet.

2. Kasey Musgraves: 2019

The theme for the 2019 Met Gala was “Camp”. While this theme presented difficulties for many celebs, a few got it right. Kacey Musgraves stepped out in a Moschino “Barbie” inspired look. The extreme pink look and hairdryer “purse” scream camp.

3. Tommy hilfiger and Dee Hilfiger: 2019

Another celebrity I think nailed the camp theme are the Hilfigers. They stepped out wearing over-the-top stars and stripes themed outfits. I think this twist on camp and his own classic brand brought something different to the carpet.

4. Chadwick Boseman: 2018

The 2018 theme was “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and Catholic Reimagined”. Chadwick’s look really stuck out to me because I appreciate when men have a creative suit look. The details from the beautiful gold crosses, gold shoes, and cream rope really fit the religious theme for the gala.

5. Zendaya: 2015

The theme for the 2015 Met Gala in 2015 was “China: Through the Looking Glass”. For the past several year, Zendaya has always brought some of the best looks. One of my favorites was for the Met Gala in 2015. The unique silhouette and beautiful accessories make this look one of the best in recent years.

Hello, I am Laurel Adoryan and I am a student at North Carolina State University!