Fast-break Sports: The Wolf took Down the Tiger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Well State fans, you finally got to see what the Wolf pack team has been capable of doing all year. The team started out the year in a rough way, with so many injuries which cost them some wins. Now, they seem to be clicking on all cylinders, both offense and defense. Yes, I admit, they did let one go against Boston College, but the other two games have been very impressive. If they could give that effort all year long, what could have been and what could be in the future next year.

Clemson came in to Carter-Finley stadium having clinched the division already, however; this game had implications on many other things. The Tigers could be finishing in the Top 5 of the BCS and be heading to an elite BCS bowl game that would do wonders for their club. On the other hand, State HAD to win this game so they could finish out their next game and become bowl eligible, which seemed like a fairy tale in the beginning of the season.

Well, State was up to the challenge, even though they gave up a first quarter field goal that allowed Clemson to have the lead first. Mike Glennon started moving the ball beautifully, going 19/29 for 253 yards and three touchdowns and averaging almost 9 yards per completion. They also had the run game going, totaling 145 yards on the ground with Creecy scoring a touchdown. Then State added the defense to have the perfect trio to beat a team like Clemson. They held the Tigers to 337 total yards and only allowed an amazing 34 yards on the ground. The Wolfpack was also +4 in the turnover battle which stalled many drives for the Tigers. Even though Clemson had clinched the division, State took it to a very good team that many teams couldn’t stop through out the year and they need to continue that swing when Maryland rolls into town next week. 

Want more? View more of Patrick’s sports articles at :   http://sportsaddiction625.webs.com/

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!