Fast-break Sports: We’re Going Bowling!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Well the season is now over and this is when the long month festival of great college football matchups begins. This year has been one that has had its ups and downs, starting off slow with losses to Wake Forest, Cincinnati, and Georgia Tech. But for some reason, that feels like so long ago and the team that we have seen in the last seven games will be the team that I will remember.

In the last seven games, State was able to have a record of 5-2 with wins over Clemson, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia. It seems like everything started to click with this team and this just might be the start of something good coming with NC State football; however, that has been said in the past. Now this is the time when this team needs to grow, step up, and finish the season off with a bang

Now if you weren’t at Carter Finley this weekend to see the game, you sure did miss a good one. Maryland came in with a losing record and I’m sure they had intentions of spoiling NC State’s chances of going to a bowl game.

Entering the 3rd quarter, State trailed 41-14 with their hopes slowly heading down the drain. However, the team didn’t quit and was able to cut the lead down to six with much of the 4th quarter still to go. The defense started to step up and it seemed like the Maryland defense was just worn out because of the massive difference in plays each team ran on offense. Mike Glennon was able to take advantage of the situation, throwing for 5 touchdowns and also running another one in. In his best showing this season, this must be a confidence booster for him and the State team. Hopefully he will be able to take that game into the next one so State will be able to finish 8-5 for the season.

Now, we haven’t learned what bowl game State will play in, but we have heard many rumors of the Wolfpack playing against a military team – such as Air Force, playing against a Big East team, or playing against an SEC team in the Music City Bowl. We will know more when all the conference title games are done and the bowl selection special is announced.

State had a great year for all that has happened and we should congratulate them on a season that has had some rough points. Hopefully we will have a good showing in the bowl game and continue this rise into next year!

Photo Credit: Washingtonpost.com

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!