This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With Fall now in full swing, and Halloween quickly approaching, it’s time to get festive! Even though the season looks completely different this year, we can still have fun. Here is some inspiration for things to do with your friends or significant other, all while staying safe!

Pumpkin Carving!

You can do this with friends, family, or your significant other! It makes for a fun, festive night. Throw on some spooky music or a scary movie in the background, make some pumpkin cookies, and get to carving!

Decorate your space for Fall!

I’m not sure about you, but once my home is decorated, I’m ready for the festivities! Making your space festive will not only boost your mood but bring some much-needed change to the scenery you see daily. 

Create a Halloween themed charcuterie board! 

This could be a part of a fun girl’s night, or make it a competition! Creating something fun, festive, and delicious is a great excuse to get to hang with your girl (ghoul) gang! 

Update your Halloween/ Spooky Season wardrobe!

There are so many cute and fun options trending right now in terms of Halloween themed pieces, go ahead and treat yourself! This could also be a great option in lieu of a costume for a scary movie night on Halloween. 

Make a spooky basket for your friends or significant other!

This is also a great option if you are in a long-distance relationship but still want to celebrate the season. Just fill a box with their favorite candy and some cute Fall items, and send it their way. This is a great way to get in the Fall spirit while showing your love to others!

Take Fall inspired pictures!

Finally, pick a day, get dressed up, maybe go to a pumpkin patch, and take Fall themed pictures with your friends or significant other! This is a great excuse to get a cute Instagram photo while spending time with your loved ones and getting in the Fall spirit.  

Hi there! I am a junior majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Buisness Admin, from Charlotte, NC! I'm so excited about this opportunity to turn my hobby of writing into something more <3
Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!