Fall Drink Showdown: The Pumpkin Spice Latte Versus The Caramel Apple Spice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Fall is officially upon us! You know what that means… Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I’m working on branching out and trying other seasonal drinks that Starbucks has put out this year, including the Caramel Apple Spice. 

I have been a long time advocate of the incredible Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, making sure to get the drink the first day it became available this year; however, the Caramel Apple Spice seasonal drink has been released and as a long time lover of apple cider, I may have a new Fall favorite. \

OK, maybe not “new favorite” but definitely a competitor. I was skeptical of the drink at first, only hearing raving reviews about it from people who didn’t like the PSL (how could you not??), but after trying it, I may have to agree with them. The Caramel Apple Spice maintains the sweetness found in the Pumpkin Spice Latte, and while it is lacking in the pumpkin flavor, it makes up for it with the delicious notes of apple spice, a signature seasonal flavor. Therefore, if you aren’t a fan of pumpkin flavoring but want something sweet, this one’s for you.  

Granted these two drinks are radically different, one being a Latte for starters while the other is simply steamed apple juice, they are the same in that they carry a specific Fall flavor. I don’t know about you, but any time that I go to Starbucks throughout the Fall, I HAVE to get a seasonal drink while they are still making them! If you’re not a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte but looking for something “Fall” and sweet, I would try the Caramel Apple Spice! You won’t regret it. 

BTW: When I first tried the Caramel Apple Spice, my friend who is a fellow PSL lover, also tried something new, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. If you’re a fan of the pumpkin flavor but want something less sweet, definitely try it out!

Hi there! I am a junior majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Buisness Admin, from Charlotte, NC! I'm so excited about this opportunity to turn my hobby of writing into something more <3
Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!