Everything You Need to Know About This Season of ‘The Bachelor’s Biggest Villain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

So far this season on ‘The Bachelor’, Queen Victoria (aka Victoria Larson) has been crowned the Drama Queen by Bachelor Nation. But who is Victoria? What is her actual job, other than self- proclaimed queen? And most importantly, let’s talk about why she’s been branded this season’s villain. But honestly, who doesn’t love a good villain?

Who is Queen Victoria?

As most of you may have guessed, she is in fact not a real-life queen, contrary to her job title on
the show. Victoria Larson is a 28-year-old entrepreneur who migrated from New York City to
Los Angeles. Her self-given title as queen refers to being the “queen of confidence”. I
personally love a confident queen, but if history has taught us anything, it’s that every queen
(and bachelor contestant) also has a shady past.
Bachelor contestants are prime candidates to have their past dug up by Bachelor Nation, no
matter how long ago their offense was. Victoria is no exception. After having a mugshot surface
from her life pre-Bachelor, she went on Good Morning America to clear the air. In 2012, in
Tallahassee, Florida, Larson was caught stealing $250 worth of makeup and groceries from a
Publix grocery store. She spent 2 nights in county jail with a $1,000 price-tag on her bail.
According to court records, she pled guilty and received 6 months of probation.

If she isn’t a queen, then what does she do?

While she may not be the queen of Matt James’ heart, she does seem to be a jack of all trades.
Currently, she is the owner of two companies that she started herself. Vikki Larson Beauty
offers classes, products, and programs designed for self-care. From Pilates classes to 21-day
detoxes, her brand aims to “enhance beauty for mind, body, and spirit”. Her other business,
JetSetGlo is a mobile spray tanning company. The company advertises “luxury spray tanning
service for the jet setters in the Los Angeles area”. The treatment will set you back a minimum
of $85 for the Regular Spray Tan and $150 for the Rapid Australian Custom Tan. On top of being
an entrepreneur, her previous jobs have included being a private plane attendant, a health
coach, and a real estate agent.

Queen of Bachelor drama or just drama queen?

From her very first episode to what we assume was her last, Victoria has been notorious for
stirring the pot and sporting some questionable outfit choices. On night one, she walked into
the mansion and was 100% unapologetic about her lack of verbal filter. This lack of filter made

her infamous as the season’s villain. While we can all agree that putting other girls down is
definitely not “queen-like-behavior”, it’s hard to admit that she didn’t add just a touch of
comedy to the show. Her last episode in particular, was enough to make you laugh both out of
sheer disbelief and shock. After four weeks of calling other girls “hoes” and making it clear that
she believed she was better than any other woman there, she made a big claim that she would
be deeply missed and talked about how much joy she brought to the house. All of this was
followed by a very dramatic exit. “I honestly feel so sorry for you that you would listen to
hearsay and not all of the facts behind the situation,” Larson said to Matt as she left without a
goodbye hug. Victoria Larson may have offered some entertainment, but ultimately the king
that is Matt James decided that her reign of terror was over.

Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!