Early 2000’s memories that fill my brain with serotonin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Everyone enjoys reminiscing about their childhood, so here are a few of my favorite memories that brought so much happiness to my childhood self. 

Going to “Sweet and Sassy”

All my friends would love to have their birthday parties here and I absolutely loved getting to dress up and having my “makeup” done. Also, the pink limo made me feel like I was Hannah Montana, aka everyone’s dream!

Wearing my Heelys EVERYWHERE

This shoe was such a staple in my early childhood because I felt so cool just skating everywhere I went. Every kid in my school knew that if you had Heelys you basically ran the school and were at the top of the food chain.

Shopping at Justice

I mean who didn’t own that one tank top in every color? I’m certain that without Justice I would have gone naked because 10-year-old me was OBSESSED with the patterns, colors, sparkles, and everything Justice had.

Not being able to wait for crossover episodes

These kinds of episodes were my absolute favorite, I mean who wouldn’t want to combine all of their favorite shows into one episode. There was Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana, Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas, and Charlie Shakes it up just to name a few.

Writing messages on my DS to friends in the same room

My light pink Nintendo DS was my pride and joy, I wouldn’t go anywhere without it. My favorite game was obviously Nintendog and I’m gonna be honest I probably took better care of that dog than my real dog. Plus, writing messages to your friends always made you feel cooler than you actually were.

Hi everyone, my name is Roxie and I'm from Charlotte, NC! I'm a junior majoring in marketing and minoring in art and design. I love dancing, spending time outdoors, baking, and drawing/creating. I've always loved the creative freedom that comes with writing and I'm so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU