Drama Drama Drama!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
Ok, lets be honest we are in college, we need to step out of the high school drama
pool and put our big girl pants on. Now you ask most girls what they think
about drama and the common reply will most likely be, “Oh NO!! Not me, I hate drama.” I beg to differ ladies; you thrive for the drama. Yes, I know we all have our opinions and like to voice those, but if everyone would just take a moment; in the long run, you might just see what you are really mad about is not a HUGE issue.

Save the drama for your mama’s, and follow some simple steps to not go all karate kid on some girl that maybe didn’t know what she was doing was a big deal.

1. Take a breath, if you cool down before yelling at your roommate for a couple
minutes, you wont be as tempted to jump down her throat.

2. Think it through; when you are cooling down you might decide that maybe
you are over reacting a tad bit.

3. Put yourself in the other girls’ shoes, maybe, just maybe, they have a point. I
know, I wouldn’t want to admit it either, but she could just be confused.

4. Go for a run, or to the gym. If you are angry why not put some endorphins in
your body! It will help the stress go away, which is a huge part of the drama
and with schoolwork piling on this fall, this extra commotion can only hurt
you more.

5. Dance, go for a ride and scream songs out of your window. If you don’t
want to be alone grab a friend and do something silly! Looking back you
wont remember how “Melissa, stole and ruined your shirt,” but how
you and your BFF danced to spice girls while driving down the road.

Drama is so high school, so instead of posting mean messages on the Internet or God forbid, trying to physically or verbally fight some silly girl, be the bigger person and follow these helpful hints. You don’t want to be the crazy girl around campus, trust me, you have that friend who goes postal sometimes and we are just too classy for that.
Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.