Dollywood’s Harvest Festival is Everything I Want From a Spook-Free Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

***Disclaimer: This article is not sponsored, I just really enjoyed my visit to Dollywood!

If you are like me and hate horror movies and haunted houses, Halloween can be a dreaded holiday. However, my trip to Dollywood this fall break got me excited for one of my least favorite holidays. Dollywood is a must for every fall enthusiast who dislikes the spooky side of Halloween.

From the beautiful mountains of the Smokies to the thrilling rides in the park, Dollywood is the perfect place to spend a scare-free Halloween. If you want to revel in the beauty of fall while enjoying delicious pumpkin-flavored treats and the Halloween aesthetic, look no further than Dollywood.

When night falls in the park, the intricately carved pumpkins come alive with light.
Walls of floral Jack o’ lanterns add an ethereal glow to the park.
At its spookiest, the Harvest Festival features a beautiful walkway of purple string lights.
During the daytime, piles of jack o’ lanterns ease you into the Halloween spirit.
My favorite display was of the adorable pumpkin-frogs.

This Halloween, I invite you to enjoy all that is cozy and pumpkin-spiced, whether you can make it to Dollywood or not. I know I’ll be carving a pumpkin frog for my apartment.

Ashley Rattenbury is a senior at NC State majoring in psychology and minoring in genetics and criminology. She currently works from home proofing legal transcripts. She has a passion for mental health, yoga, pilates, running, cooking, video games, art, and cartoons. After graduation, she plans to attend graduate school and study clinical mental health counseling. Ultimately, she wants to become a licensed clinical mental health counselor. She looks forward to writing articles about mental health, self-care and popular culture for Her Campus!