Catie Acitelli ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Name: Catie Acitelli
Major: Mathematics and Secondary Mathematics Education
Hometown: Weddington, NC

Hobbies and interests:
Writing, Cheerleading, Everything Math (yes, I am aware that I am a nerd)

Where would one find you around campus?
SAS Hall (I work as a tutor there during the summer and I teach Calculus 2 for Engineers Recitations during the school year. There’s that, and, well, I AM a math major.)

Favorite Wolfpack tradition?
Camp-out for Carolina Tickets

Favorite snack?
Grapes

Dream job?
High School Math Teacher (Geometry and Calculus)

Best pickup line? If you were a booger, I’d pick you first! Yeah …I’ve never been good at these.

What kind of animal would you be and why?
A liger. It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.

What pop artist would you get married to and why?
No thanks. I’ve never been a real celebrity fanatic. Plus, I’m already getting married!

Pet peeves?
Odd numbers, pen clicking, and valley girls

Favorite Disney movie?

The Little Mermaid.

Favorite TV show?
It’s a tie between Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and Criminal Minds

Embarrassing guilty pleasure?
Sometimes I get really excited (or I just need to cheer myself up) and I do a little jig…and I never fail to look ridiculous…typically in public.

Men need to know that…
women don’t typically try to be confusing and cause drama.

Best feature?
Obviously my laugh (if you’ve ever heard it, you KNOW that’s a lie)… but probably that I care about every single person I’ve ever met (sometimes a little too much).
If you want physical, my fiancé says it’s my eyes.

What is something people are surprised to know about you?
At the moment, people are quite surprised at the fact that I am engaged. I met my fiancé online (SKETCH), and we were engaged three weeks later. Other than that, people tend to be surprised at the fact that I was a cheerleader for 15 years.

Favorite song at the moment?
I like a lot of songs…but I’m not a super music guru. But probably Honey Bee by Blake Shelton.

If there were a slideshow of your life, what kind of pictures would we expect to see?
Crazy ones with the same group of people over and over again…and plenty of my family. I’m sure I would be making a goofy face in at least 87.643% of them.

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!