Lilly Library at sunset
Lilly Library at sunset
Original photo by Tina Xia

Best Places to Get Outside in the Triangle!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

If you are anything like me, you love fresh air and spending your extra time being outside. The only problem is that if you live in the triangle, it can be harder to get that dose of mother earth. Luckily I have found some great spots all located within the triangle to check out!

1. NC State is the North Carolina Museum of Art Park

One of my personal favorites and one of the closest options to NC State is the North Carolina Museum of Art Park! There are several different trails to walk and bike on, great spots to picnic, a pond to sit by, and even some trees to hang a hammock if you wish. For a chill day out in the sun, I would highly recommend checking this place out.

1. Jordan Lake State Recreation Area

On those insanely hot and muggy days check out Jordan Lake! It is located in between Raleigh and Durham and is a great place to swim, kayak, paddle board, etc with some friends!

1. Umstead State Park

If you are looking for an easy hike, a good bike ride, or just some time in the woods, Umstead State Park is a great place to chill out in nature! They have a lot of trails ranging in length and scenery for whatever you want to do.

1. Duke Gardens

Want a cute date idea or a nice space to spend an afternoon with some friends? Make a quick trip to Durham and check out Duke’s Gardens. This is another amazing place that is great to relax in and take in some rays and pretty flowers. Truly beautiful, it is perfect for a sunny day.

1. North Carolina Botanical Gardens

With over 1,000 acres of plants, water works, and more, the North Carolina Botanical Gardens is a great place to explore! There is an easy two mile hike as well. It is right on the North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.