The Best and Worst Introductions from Clare’s Season of the Bachelorette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Clare Crawley’s Season of The Bachelorette finally aired two weeks ago today. As we prepare for tonight’s new episode, let’s take a look at what we’ve seen so far. Here are my favorite (and least favorite) introductions from night one.

Jason

I thought Jason’s pregnancy skit was so cute because it recognized Clare’s introduction on Juan Pablo’s season. It showed that Jason had watched Clare on the Bachelor before and it made her laugh– brownie points!!! I think it was the perfect amount of humor without being too cheesy. 

Mike

Mike brought Clare flip flops to wear towards the end of the night when her feet got tired. I thought this was so sweet. Usually gifts on the first night are useless and cheesy, but this was adorable and showed that Mike truly cared about Clare.

Tyler C.

Normally, I think showing up in anything other than the limo is awkward and tacky. But I looooved when Tyler pulled up in his station wagon. It really added to his accent and his whole West Virginia family man spiel and I think he was so charming. He definitely would’ve stuck in my head if I were Clare.

Eazy

Eazy’s “your future husband” banner and football pickup lines could have gone really badly. But Eazy is so charming and smooth that I actually loved them.

Riley

The attorney joke is just dumb. “You are guilty as charged for looking beautiful in this dress”… it’s just cheesy and not very memorable. Sorry Riley. 

Chasen

The knight in shining armor thing is awkward and clunky, and I feel like someone does it every single season.

Kenny

The dog shirt could have been a good idea with the right execution, but Kenny is not the right guy. He literally looks like he stepped straight out of 2005. He WOULD be a boy band manager. 

Bennett

I think showing up in a Rolls Royce is just arrogant and annoying. That combined with the scarf and the classical music doesn’t make him feel very approachable to me. 

Jay

The straight jacket thing I guess could’ve been good but the fact that he kept it on the entire night ruined it. 

AJ

He started out okay by twirling her, but then he completely ruined it when he literally squeezed her hand so hard that she yelled “ow!”. The clips of him inside awkwardly saying he feels confident while she simultaneously showed the camera that her rings literally cut her made me cringe so hard. 

Hi! My name is Eleanor Conner and I’m a sophomore at NCSU. I’m from Asheville, North Carolina and I’m majoring in Fashion and Textile Management with a concentration in Brand Management and Marketing and a minor in Business Entrepreneurship. I'm a member of Delta Gamma and serve on the Circle of Sisterhood Executive Board at NC State. In my free time, I like to go out with friends, go shopping, workout, and drink coffee! I'm passionate about writing about design and lifestyle related topics, and I'm so excited to be working with Her Campus NCSU!
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU