This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

As the season changes, the smell of pumpkin spice lattes and cinnamon wavers in the air, hugging you like a sweater. The leaves turn into an array of colors, and the crisp air blows all the existence of summer away. Personally, my favorite part of fall is the fashion because as I always say, fall fashion is the best fashion! But I never want to waste a good outfit, so whether it’s tailgating at a college football game, or going to my local farmers market, here is my bucket list for this fall in Raleigh!

North carolina state fair

The most iconic event for any college student in North Carolina is the NC State Fair! There is nothing more fun than sitting on a Ferris wheel, overlooking the vibrant trees with a candy apple in your hand. Only 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh, there is something for everyone to do! There are hundreds of food trucks with different cuisines to chow down on, folk shows, fireworks, live music, petting zoos, and of course, many many rides to explore. So go ride that Ferris wheel and steal away a kiss, bestie;)

COllege Football

With tailgating season kicking off, there is nothing more fulfilling than repping your college sweatshirt and getting together with your friends to cheer on your school’s football team. Whether it’s chanting with your school or admiring the half-time visuals, it’s always fun to feel connected to your campus in a positive and high-energy environment! 

Fall colors

The city of Raleigh has almost 100 Greenway trails, several hiking trails, as well as mountains only an hour or two away. From here, you can see the vast array of different colors, with the leaves changing to reds, oranges and yellows. So if you want to live out your Gilmore Girl fantasy, go take that main character walk!

scarowinds

There is nothing better than a good scare this Halloween season. I know I am excited to visit this year’s SCarowinds at Carowinds amusement park! With the haunted attractions and mazes to the devilishly good food, SCarowinds is a spine-tingling destination for any age!

Philips farm

One of the most exciting attractions for me is Phillips Farm! Starting in October, there are several corn mazes (for the most fun, night time is the time to go), and this year, Cheerwine is sponsoring the annual Spring Hootenanny & Foodie Festival on October 5th! This festival is perfect for locals to discover new foods and live music!

photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
Ishita Rao is a newfound writer for Her Campus, but has always been passionate about writing. Currently in her junior year at North Carolina State University, Ishita is pursuing a degree in biomedical engineering, as well as a minor in business administration. Her academic journey has been enriched by many experiences, spanning from a marketing internship to a business position at Fidelity Investments during the recent summer. Additionally, Ishita actively contributes her skills at the Electrical Engineering office at NCSU and is her university’s Pearson Campus Ambassador. She also immerses herself in the vibrant communities of the BMES society and the Helping Hand project at the university. Though originally from Boston, she currently lives in Apex, North Carolina. Beyond her academic and professional commitments, she finds comfort in her love for dance, especially as a dedicated member of her university's competitive Bollywood team. Her creative spirit extends to other hobbies, including painting, swimming, and binging the latest Netflix show. In her free time, she enjoys visits to the beach and boba dates with friends. Her favorite artists are The Weeknd, Tory Lanez, Don Toliver, and Frank Ocean.