ACC Matchup: NC State vs. Duke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Sorry, I’ve been on a little vacation over the past week but now I’m back and looking
ahead at the matchup that the Wolfpack will have when they travel down the road to
Cameron Indoor Stadium to take on # 4 Duke. Duke had a great week with wins over
UNC and Maryland and look to keep their momentum going with a good victory against
the Wolfpack. This is a chance for the Wolfpack to get their signature win that they
need to help boost their resume for March Madness.
State has won their last three but has struggled a little bit with some of their opponents that are on the bottom of the ACC. Defending Duke can be simple at times but State will have to work hard on the boards and not let Duke get around the defenders by using screens. Duke will shoot threes and everyone knows it; however, State needs to help on defense and make Duke become a team that shoots inside the arc. Rebounding will be important in the game and Leslie and Howell will have to control the Plumlee’s down low. S. Wood has been shooting a little bit better since the UNC game from three and should be able to get some shots off because of the smaller guards on Duke. However, NC State should attack the rim and make these guards get in their face, allowing the three to open a little more, which in turn will allow the big guys down low create some space. This would be a win that would put the Wolfpack right back in the race for the ACC and would help tremendously to boost their resume for their chances to get in the NCAA Tournament.

Other News:
• Women’s Basketball has lost 5 of out last 7 games and will have a big matchup
against #6 Miami Feb 16.

• On a brighter note, teams have been playing for Coach Yow and for Breast Cancer. Just a way that Coach Yow would want to be remembered and to honor what she did for the game of basketball.

• Mike Glennon, Mikel Overgaard, and McKay Frandsen were named to All-
Academic Football squad.

• NC State just signed 22 players for their class of 2012 football team, with many
being on the defensive side of the ball.

Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.