christmas ornamentsjpeg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christmas ornamentsjpeg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

7 Artists Releasing Holiday Albums in 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Every year, Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier. Many people are anticipating the time when it is socially acceptable to begin decorating, buying presents, and, most importantly, listening to music that fills us with the holiday spirit. Holiday music has always had a special place in times of nationwide panic, and this pandemic is no exception. After all, the world’s best selling single is Bing Crosby’s rendition of White Christmas which came out during World War II! Here is a list of 7 artists releasing new holiday albums this year, to get you in the spirit of the season. Happy listening!

“My Gift” by Carrie Underwood

If you are a country fan, this album is for you. Carrie Underwood covers classics like Little Drummer Boy and Silent Night, while also incorporating some original music. There is even an original song featuring John Legend. Lucky for us, this album already came out on September 25th. Go give it a listen!

“A Holly Dolly Christmas” by Dolly Parton

The queen herself has decided to bless us with her first holiday album in 30 years. This album mixes holiday standards with new, original music and features stars such as Mily Cyrus, Jimmy Fallon and, the king of Christmas music himself, Micheal Buble. Check out this album now!

“A Tori Kelly Christmas” by Tori Kelly

Tori Kelly has teamed up with Babyface to create the Christmas album of our dreams. This album will include 2 originals as well as many yuletide classics. Make sure to check it out on October 30th!

“It’s Christmas All Over” by the Goo Goo Dolls

If you love alternative rock this album is for you! While it was a very unexpected album, the band thought it could bring some happiness to the world during this time! Listen to their rendition of “Let it Snow” now and make sure to preorder the whole album coming out on October 30th.

“A Very Trainor Christmas” by Meghan Trainor

“All About that Bass” singer Meghan Trainor is releasing a Christmas album to bring joy to this difficult time. This album includes classic songs and a few originals. Trainor has also partnered with Target to release an exclusive version of the album with different cover art and 2 bonus songs! Make sure to give it a listen when it is released on October 30th!

“The Christmas Album” by Leslie Odom Jr.

Hamilton star, Leslie Odom Jr. is releasing a holiday album and I could not be more excited! This is his second Christmas album and includes 2 original songs featuring award-winning singer Cynthia Erivo. These 2 songs have already been released, but make sure to preorder for the whole album coming out on November 6th.

“The Pianoman at Christmas” by Jaime Cullum

Last, but not least, I wanted to throw in one of my personal favorite artists who is releasing a new holiday album this year. Jaime Cullum is a jazz-pop singer songwriter and radio host, who I have been listening to for years. This holiday album will be filled with Cullum’s brilliant piano work, plus no fewer than 57 musicians and a symphony of strings, horns and extensive orchestral percussion. Be on the lookout for this album coming November 20th!

Molly Bennett is a sophomore at North Carolina State University. She is studying food science and loves to write for HerCampus. She can be found either going to the park, watching tv, or cooking in her free time.
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU