The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Cozy sweaters, oversized sweatshirts, and flared pants, fall brings wonderful trends all the way from your head to your toe.  Here’s some of the most popular fall shoe trends of 2022.

The Controversial Boston Birkenstocks:

Personally I love these shoes, a sturdy Birkenstock with a slipper look, these shoes can be dressed up or down.  Match them with a pain of cuffed jeans or your favorite sweatpants and they’re sure to be a comfortable shoe.   They come in multiple colors: white, black, taupe, even purple and have other modifications like additional fur, cushion sole, and multiple widths.  Plus, they’re a great gender neutral look and have tons of dupe options.

Uggs:

A staple for fall and winter, Uggs are a long time contender in best seasonal shoes.  Ugg Slippers are a classic staple for comfort and style.  Similar to the Birkenstocks, these shoes incorporate a stylized platform sole and colorful stitching with a classic slipper.  They work dressed up and down and come in both black and chestnut.  The Classic Ugg Ultra Mini was trending last year and remains on the list for this year.  They’re great under wide legged pants and extremely comfortable.  Since these shoes were so popular last year, there’s also many dupes at a much lower price.

Leather Loafers:

For a dressy or a casual look, these shoes are an elegant staple.  The gender neutral look makes these shoes work for anyone.  They match the pilgrim vibes of fall but have a modern style.  Pair them with your favorite socks, cuffed jeans, and your pick of dressy tops.

Platform Ankle Boots:

These shoes capture a 70’s retro vibe, but work so well with modern style.  They come in every color, size, price range, and height that you could imagine.  For affordability, check out these black platform boots from ASOS.  For a medium price range, check out these Madden Girl boots.  For color options, here’s Jeffrey Campbell Ankle Boots.

The Classic Sneaker:

The New Balance 574s are the best transition shoe for any season.  They are gender neutral and are super comfortable in every season.  Dress them up or down by picking different colors/patterns.  If you’re looking for a shoe to invest in for long term use, these are definitely the way to go.  They are affordable, cute, androgynous, and versatile.

Ashley is a psychology major and dance minor at NC State. She is an avid fan of Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, and Maggie Rogers. She spends her free time going on hot girl walks with her dogs, reading, watching TV, and dancing!