This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
Hush

Hush follows a young, deaf woman, Maddie, living in the woods in isolation. A masked
killer begins to stalk her and send her pictures of herself. He goes into her home, steals
her phone, and breaks her car. She is now trapped in her house with no way of contacting
help. This movie is one of the most suspenseful I have watched. The stalker is extremely
unsettling and uses psychological torture to terrify Maddie. I couldn’t keep my eyes off
the screen during this movie because it is fast-paced and really draws you in. I would
highly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of psychological and thrilling horror
movies.

Super Dark Times

This movie is a hidden gem. It takes place in the ’90s and tells the story of a friend group
of high school boys. At first, the movie seems like your run-of-the-mill coming of age
story, but it soon takes an unexpected and deviant turn. The boys now must cover up the
“accident” of one of their own and go on with their normal lives. Super Dark Times is a
creepy film to sit through, but it is worth it to see the crazy twists and turns it makes. You
will have your eyes glued to the screen throughout the whole movie.

Zodiac

Zodiac is based on the true story of the infamous Zodiac killer. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal
and Robert Downey Jr as Robert Greysmith and Paul Avery, two reporters who were
engrossed with the Zodiac killer case. The movie shows the terrible crimes of this killer
and the hunt to find out who it is. I have watched many movies based on real-life crime cases and they can be a bit cheesy and overdramatic, but this movie is the complete
opposite. It is thrilling, scary, and the acting is terrific. I would recommend this movie for
anyone interested in true crime or anyone who enjoys seeing Jake Gyllenhal and Robert
Downey Jr on screen.

Would You Rather

For anyone who hates gore, you should probably avoid this movie. It stars Brittany Snow
as Iris, a young woman in need of money for her sick younger brother. Iris is invited to a
dinner party thrown by a wealthy man and his son. She goes, hoping to receive some
money for her brother’s treatment, but is shocked to see other people who are in need at
the same party. The host tells everyone they must play a game in which the winner will
get all the money they need. All of the party-goers are desperate for money so they
reluctantly agree to play, but they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.
This movie is suspenseful and shocking, it will have you covering your head with a
blanket the whole time.

In the Tall Grass

In the Tall Grass is about a brother and sister, Cal and Becky, who stop on the side of a
rural road next to a dense field. They hear a young boy crying out for help in the field and
eventually go in to find him. They get separated and are unable to find their way out. I do
not want to give too much away because this film is full of abrupt twists and unanswered
questions. You must watch carefully to catch little things that could help you put the
pieces of the puzzle together before the characters know what’s going on. In the Tall Grass is the perfect combination of psychological thriller and paranormal horror. I would
recommend this movie to horror fans who enjoy a little bit of everything!

NC State junior studying political science and philosophy. I love nature, cooking, animals, and yoga!
Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!