Ted Lasso has quickly become everyone’s favorite football coach from across the pond. The Apple TV+ series is a light-hearted and feel good show that can definitely teach viewers some valuable lessons. With 7 Emmys up the show’s sleeve, Ted Lasso is expected to come back to Apple TV+ sometime soon with season 3.
Ted Lasso is one of the most optimistic personalities on TV that I have seen in a while. His constant uplifting and kind attitude rubs off on those who surround him, the players he coaches as well as his colleagues. In light of the upcoming third season and the new year, I am sharing my top five favorite uplifting Ted Lasso quotes.
- “I do love a locker room. It smells like potential” (Season 1 Episode 1).
- While this quote may sound cheesy, it was sweet watching Ted walk into the locker room of his new team for the first time. Rather than being disgusted by the smell of sweat or feet that you typically find in a locker room, Ted found the positives in the situation, as he almost always does, claiming that all of those nasty smells are what potential smells like.
- “You know what the happiest animal on Earth is? It’s a goldfish. You know why? It’s got a 10-second memory” (Season 1 Episode 2).
- This quote is all over Etsy shops, I considered getting my mom a dish towel with this quote on it for Christmas. Ted telling Sam to “be a goldfish” made everyone’s hearts melt, including my own. Ted encouraging his players to be happy and to forget hurtful criticism is a lesson that is encouraging to everyone.
- “If you care about someone, and you got a little love in your heart, there ain’t nothing you can’t get through together” (Season 1 Episode 9).
- Ted says this to Rebecca, the owner of AFC Richmond, the team Ted is coaching for, in regards to troubles she is going through. This conversation between the two of them was sweet and shows how big Ted’s heart is. If anything, this scene taught me to be a more forgiving person.
- “I promise you there is something worse out there than being sad, and that’s being alone and being sad. Ain’t no one in this room alone” (Season 1 Episode 10).
- This quote was super sweet and one of my favorites. Ted said it during his final locker room talk to his players. This quote is super inspirational, especially during Covid when we all feel isolated from the world. We have to always remember that we have people by our sides supporting us and that we are never alone, even if it really feels like it sometimes.
- “It may not work out how you think it will or how you hope it does, but believe me, it will all work out” (Season 2 Episode 5).
- Again, this quote is super sweet. Not everything goes as planned and works out how we want it to. We are always told that things will work out, but it’s typically hard to believe that when we hear others say it. However, hearing Ted say things will all work out is uplifting.
All of these quotes aside, the most important lesson I have learned from watching Ted Lasso is to believe in myself. Ted stresses believing in yourself, even having a big and bright yellow sign placed crookedly in the locker room.