10 Ways to Have Good Ol’ Cheap Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

We’re college students. We don’t have a lot of money. But how in the world can you have fun without MONEY!? Well, here are just a few ways to have fun without spending all your cash!

1.  Go see a sporting event at NC State.

All sporting events are free are free with a valid student identification card (with the exception of the football and basketball loyalty ticketing system). So gather your friends and go cheer on our athletes! 

2.  Just play sports with your friends.
Its free and all you really need is whatever is required to play! That, or a big imagination! 

3.  Campus Events at NC State.
Certain clubs and organizations put on free demonstrations every year to show their clubs such as the animal related clubs which bring animals to their demonstrations.  Check out our campus events on the Her Campus North Carolina State University website!

4.  Gather your friends and order some food.  
Order some pizza or go shopping and cook your own dinner. It will help save money if you and a few of your friends split the costs.  

*If you aren’t confident in the kitchen, you can also look into taking a cooking class here at NC State this fall called “Cook Smart, Eat Smart.”  This is sponsored by University Dining and North Carolina Cooperative Extension.  This class lasts from September 13 to November 1 and students meet every Tuesday night.  You can register at ncsudiningcook.wordpress.com.  Although a spot is not guaranteed, you can register and registered students will be randomly picked on August 31 until the class is full.  The class only costs five dollars!

5.  Prank your roommates.
If you are bored, then you could try pranking your roommates. Just don’t do anything that would hurt them physically and make sure that the person you prank won’t take it seriously.  

6.  Go see a movie at Witherspoon. 
The prices are unbeatable – $1.50! Also, they play classic movies from  years ag, movies from today, and have premiers too! 

7.  Play board or card games with your friends.
I played this card game once with the guys living with me and it wasn’t the most exciting thing in the world, but it was okay.  It was a great way to get to know each other during the first couple of weeks.

8.  Have a water fight.
Buy some balloons and fill them up with water.  Then, GO AT IT!  This is a great way to have fun on a hot day in August.

9.  Invite some friends over and have a slumber party.
Need I say more?? With good friends, the adventure follows. 

10.  Check out places that have student discounts.
Some places outside of NC State offer discounts for college students! Hit up Hillsborough st., Cameron Village, or Avent Ferry for great deals!

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!