Daphne and Simon from Bridgerton
Daphne and Simon from Bridgerton
Shondaland / Netflix

The 10 Best Shows on Netflix Right Now to Cheer You Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Some days we feel super productive and able to conquer the world, but other days… not so much. I think the best remedy for a day when you’re feeling down in the dumps is to binge a great TV show that can lift your spirits yet still keep you on your toes.

Good Girls

This show brings the perfect combo of crime, humor and real-life issues. Focusing on the intertwined lives of three suburban mom’s sharing love for each other having very different problems but turning to the same dangerous solution- it is definitely worth the watch.

iCarly

After Netflix recently added this show to their service, it left many of us feeling pretty nostalgic. For most of us, this is a rewatch, but it still will be there to bring you joy remembering spaghetti tacos and random dancing.

Firefly Lane

What can get better than two best friends developing in both their friendship and lives throughout the decades? Dealing with the hardships of life mixed with the struggles of friendship and love makes for the perfect rom-com type tv show.

Jane The Virgin

Imagine an outrageous plot written with the narrator being a telenovela host and you’ve got Jane the Virgin. This is the best experience for romance and life with a mix of ridiculousness and humor.

The Good Place

What would the world look like in your afterlife? Well this show answers the question. Encapturing the complicated afterlife and its serious yet surprising repercussions, The Good Place includes it all. 

Dynasty

Following the lives of the rich and successful Carrington family can bring more than jealousy. Enriched with drama, love and power, the secrets unfold to create a thrilling story.

Bridgerton

Bring yourself back to the good old days – tea parties, lords, ladies, and so much more. This show walks you through the dramatic wedding season in the 1800’s with loads of rumors spread through a juicy gossip column. 

New Girl

Experience the ridiculous lives of a group of unconventional roommates. With tons of laughs and the drama of relationships, this makes for quite a crazy ride.

Gilmore Girls

Following the lives of the dynamic mother-daughter duo and their quaint town, we discover the hardships of life and love. This show is all about the day-by-day things we all deal with and come to love.

Selling Sunset

Have you ever dreamed of selling multi-million dollar houses and living a luxury lifestyle? This show brings you all of that and so much more. Filled with drama, relationships and real estate- we couldn’t ask for more!

I am currently a sophomore studying Fashion and Textile Design.
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU