This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Who is Blvssom?

My name is Victoria Harris. I am a sophomore Fashion and Merchandising and Design student from Charlotte, NC. My business “Blvssom” is a three-part business consisting of clothing, skin care and wig construction. Within my business, I make sure that the quality is up to par and that everything is made from the heart. I do care about my business and I always ensure that my customers get nothing but the best. Having a business has its ups and downs but I overall love it. I love the feeling of entrepreneurship and being in charge.

Running a business is not easy. What keeps you going?

The love and support from others keeps me going.

What influenced the name “Blvssom”?

The name ‘Blvssom” symbolizes my growth and me blossoming into the women I want to be.

What made you choose NCAT? How’s having a business like on campus?

I chose NCAT because of their fashion department. At first, I wanted to focus on the marketing and visual merchandising aspect of fashion but after my first sewing class I feel in love with designing. I started my custom clothing brand in the summer of 2017.

Having a business on campus is exciting but It sometimes has its downfalls. I make sure that college students are able to support and afford my brand. Being a college student myself I know how our financial situation are, so I look out for my fellow aggies.

Where do you see yourself after graduating from N.C.A&T? Where do you see your business going?

I’m not sure where I see myself after I graduate from N.C.A&T. I would like to in a big city such as New York City, Los Angeles, or Atlanta. I haven’t thought out my full plan, but I know I want to open up my own boutique that offers all my specialties. Custom clothing, ready to wear fashion, all-natural skin care, wig construction, sewing classes and personal styling.

Would you like to showcase a few of your pieces?

Hello! I am a graduating senior here at NCA&T. I am a public relations student from Durham, NC. I enjoy romantic comedies movies and novels. I love cooking and to bake sweet treats. I am a dog mom to a spunky pup named Sasha and I am working on being more adventurous as my last year in college! Woot woot!
I am Alexis Hooper, President of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University chapter of Her Campus.