Want to Be an Olympian? Well Here’s Your Chance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

The 2016 Summer Olympics may have just ended but don’t fret because the 2020 Summer Olympics are right around the corner. With the addition of a few new events for the Tokyo games, you too might have a shot at being an Olympian.

Here are the events you should start practicing so you can earn a gold medal:

Surfing

Softball

Baseball

Karate

Sport Climbing

You never know how good you’ll be at something until you try. So get up off of that couch or your bed and get moving. Even if you don’t become the next Simone Biles or Michael Phelps at least you can gain a new hobby and a healthier lifestyle.

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.