Visitor’s Guide: Top 5 Places to Visit in Greensboro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.
  1. The International Civil Rights Center & Museum located in the former F.W Woolworth retail store, at 134 South Elm Street, is a must-see when visiting Greensboro. This museum is a vital piece of history with vivid photography, artifacts, video reenactments, and interactive galleries. As a celebration of the 1960 Greensboro sit-ins and the heart of Greensboro you won’t want to miss it. 

2. Greenhill is the center for NC art, composed of four spaces: ArtQuest, InFocus Gallery and The Shop. Engaging in a broad community of artists, adults, and children through dynamic exhibitions and educational programs while providing a platform for investment in art.  Located at 200 North Davie Street.

3. Elsewhere is a living museum and international artist residency set within a former three-story thrift store. Since its opening in 2003, Elsewhere has supported creative projects, learning initiatives, and public works with global artists and locals that inspire downtown Greensboro and beyond. Located 606 South Elm Street. 

4. The Friendly Center has a variety of over 150 unique shops and restaurants in a beautiful outdoor shopping village. Featuring Belk, Old Navy, Chico’s, Apple, Talbots, and more. Then after a great day of shopping you can catch a movie at The Regal Cinemas Grande 16 or grab a bite to eat at a variety of restaurants ranging from Fleming’ Prime Steakhouse to Coldstone. Located Friendly Ave, at Green Valley.    

5. Triad Stage, named was “One of the most Promising Theaters” by The American Theater Wing! Right in the heart of Downtown Greensboro’s historic district producing classic and contemporary new plays using extraordinary national and local talent. Located 232 South Elm Street.   

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.