Top 5 Decompressing Albums for School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Midterms are over, and finals are steadily approaching. With all the stress and chaos that the end of the semester brings, music can sometimes be one of the best ways to relieve the stress and frustration that school brings. Below is a list of fun, decompressing, and eclectic top five chill albums to help you relax and conquer college!

1. Jhené Aiko- Trip  

This album is a mixture of soul, and love. Jhené Aiko takes her listeners on a journey of her life, while giving the perfect calming sound that only her voice can produce.

1. Lauryn Hill- The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was released ten years ago selling more than eight million copies, and winning five Grammys. Lauryn Hill successfully moves her audience lyrically with the perfect amount of reggae, hip-hop and classical soul.

1. Brent Faiyaz- Sonder Son

This heartfelt R&B album elevated the Sonder artist to a new level. Sonder Son is an album of layers. The album has a vibe that creates an element of lighthearted pleasure and deep thoughts that portrays a story from the beginning of the album to the end.

1. SZA- Ctrl

This highly anticipated album did not disappoint SZA fans. The Jersey native stretched boundaries and created her own space in the music industry. This raw R&B album gives listeners a look into SZA’s life and how she perceives romance and relationships into today’s modern life.

1. Drake- More Life & Take Care

Any Drake music is going to be a bop, and be the talk of the year! Drake’s fourth studio album More Life and Drake’s second studio album Take Care have both broke the barriers and records for music. Drake’s lyrics evoke feelings of joy, love and even sadness. As many say, Drake will have you in your “feelings!” But, nonetheless, you have to respect the Canadian native’s music.

I’ve always had a passion for writing, fashion, and photography. As a journalism student in college, I’ve found it important to provide an exciting, chill, and fun place to connect with a wider audience.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.