Top 5 African-American Couples We Adore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Valentine’s Day just passed and here are the Top 5 African-American couples we still adore:

1) Morris Chestnut and Pam Byse-Chestnut 

Morris Chestnut and Pam Byse-Chestnut have been together for twenty-two years this year. Cheers to their anniversary this year. Black Love does last long! Aren’t they cute together?

2) Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith have been married since 1997. Aren’t they so in love!? They have been together for a long time. Cheers to friendship, laughter, and love to many more anniversaries.

3) Duane Martin and Tisha Campbell-Martin 

Duane Martin and Tisha Campbell-Martin have been together since 1996, that’s twenty-one years since they’ve said, “I do!” Isn’t Black Love beautiful?

4) Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union 

This power couple knows how maintain love in their relationship. Even though, they haven’t been together for a long time, you can see the love that each other has for one another. Cheers to more love, more laughs, and more anniversaries to break the pattern of what’s normal for Hollywood couples.

5) Rev. Run and Justine Simmons 

Rev. Run and Justine Simmons have been married for twenty-three years, that’s amazing and that’s none other than true love! If you follow Rev. Run on social media, he talks about the love he has for his lovely wife. One of the greatest MC’s married the one, the only, Justine Simmons. She’s a graduate of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, North Carolina. Can I get an Aggie Pride!

My name is Kassia McKain, I attend North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, North Carolina. I am apart of the wonderful Hercampus NCAT.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.