Time Moves Forward and So Does Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

IT’S FINALLY SPRING! Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, pollen is suffocating people, and we’re almost ready to walk out the house with denim shorts and sandals. I just love it! How could you not be excited?!

To make things even more exciting, it’s also time to fast forward the playlist (along with your clocks) and play songs that mimic the airy atmosphere of the warmer days ahead of us.

Check out the playlist I’ve compiled to get us pumped for the season- it’s perfect for those afternoons after class and you want to just chill by yourself or even with your friends somewhere on campus!

Rihanna ft. Drake “Work”

Diplo & Sleepy Tom “Be Right There”

Coldplay ft. Beyonce “Hymn for the Weekend”

Tyler, The Creator ft. Frank Ocean “She”

A Tribe Called Quest “Bonita Applebum”

Snoop Dogg “Let’s Get Blown”

Guordon Banks “Keep You in Mind”

Jade “Don’t Walk Away”

Flume ft Kai “Never Be Like You”

Kelela “Rewind”

Solange “Lovers in the Parking Lot”

Frank Ocean “Pyramids”

Yuna ft. Usher “Crush”

Beyonce “XO”

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.