kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

With the seasons changing and the semester reaching an all time high, everything just feels so draining and overwhelming. Waking up for morning classes is getting more difficult by the day and with it getting dark so early, it’s starting to feel like there’s no time to get everything done. Then, when you add final exams and projects to the mix, the stress and anxiety you’ve been feeling really starts to kick in. 

But girl, if you’re going to finish out this semester strong and be mentally and physically well, you need to find the time to take care of yourself. With all of the chaos that’s going on, you may be forgetting that eating a handful of popcorn isn’t a full meal and that 4 hours of sleep isn’t going to get you far. Taking care of yourself doesn’t have to be the long, luxurious bubble baths and candles. It could really be as simple as making sure that you’re doing your basic hygiene routine and eating at least two full meals a day and drinking water.

You have to find ways that work for you and what your body and mind need. 

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  Do a quick face mask before you go to bed or when you wake up. You’ll be taking care of your skin and may feel a little bit more relaxed while the mask sits on your face.

2. Try a 5-minute meditation. This one requires more discipline and space, but apps like Headspace or Calm are really helpful guides.

3. Eat. Even if your meal isn’t filled with fruit and leafy greens, you should still eat a meal that touches most of your basic food groups. 

4.Take a nap. Napping isn’t for everyone but a quick 15 or 30-minute nap could really be a day-changer, if you’re feeling overwhelmed or fatigued.

5. Talk to someone. Sometimes when we get too busy, we may be isolating ourselves from our friends and family and might not even realize it. Call you parents or try to hang out with your friends, even if it’s only for a few minutes.

Remember that you’re more than enough and capable of accomplishing everything that you set your mind to. 

Lots of Love, 

Kira

Kira Edwards is a graduating senior social work student with a political science minor at the Illustrious North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Originally from PG County, Maryland, she enjoys shopping, beauty, writing and investing time into self-care and self-love. She hopes to work in the education sector as a school social worker and education policy analyst. She eventually would like to operate a non-profit dedicated to youth mental health. You can follow her on twitter and instagram @heykiranicole.
I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.