To Stick with Your Party or Your Gut

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Photo credit to thedailybeast.com

Trigger warning: Contains content about sexual assault.

To stick with your party or your gut? That is the question. Many citizens in Alabama have to make a decision on if they believe the allegations against Roy Moore. Moore has been accused of sexually assaulting many women when they were under aged.

As each day goes by, more and more women come forward and say that Moore assaulted them in the past. One of Moore’s accusers, Beverly Young Nelson, feared for her life when Moore was supposed to be taking her home. “Mr. Moore reached over and began groping me and putting his hands on my breasts,” Nelson said in a statement released by CNN. When Nelson tried to leave the car, Moore locked the door and continued to make advances at her. “He began squeezing my neck, attempting to force my head onto his crotch. I continued to struggle,” Nelson said. “I thought that he was going to rape me.”

Photo credit to cdn.theatlantic.com

There are many republicans urging Moore to drop out of the race. Senator Mitch McConnell is someone who has been vocal about Moore dropping out of the race. McConnell proposed to have the Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, be a candidate that Alabama citizens write in. Sessions is a former senator of Alabama. Moore continues to say that he is staying in the race. After much pressure on the white house, the public is still waiting on a comment from Donald Trump.  

I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.