Recommiting to Your 2020 Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

It’s the season of “new year, new me” captions under all pictures, impulsive gym membership purchases 

and your list of the people who have negative energy getting left in 2020. Around this time, it is also 

suggested to take the measures needed to resubmit yourself to the grind and remind ourselves of what we truly want in life.  

With resubmitting and reminding, comes writing goals down. This makes them appear more tangible. People often make these goals with great intent and excitement, but end up falling off before the month of January ends. But no worries! Here are some practices and tactics that with consistency, will keep you taking a new step in 2020 for the betterment of your future. 

1. The first step is to dream high and touch the sky with your new goals. Big and difficult goals only make you more ambitious and you’ll feel even better once you achieve them. Anything is possible. 

2. Next, take your big goals and dissect them piece by piece into daily steps you can master in order to reach the goal. 

3. After this, take some time to reminisce on your past and determine some elements of your previous life that are a road blocks on your drive to a better you. 

4. Lastly, give yourself a pat on the back when you tackle small steps to achieve your goal. We are often our own main obstacle. Cheering for yourself is half the battle to being unstoppable. You got this girl! 

NCAT Multimedia Journalism '22 Be a woman to watch.
I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.