stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Noted: Accepting Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

In less than two months my life will begin to be forever changing. Matriculating from my undergraduate career to the real world… Yay! (I mean that as enthusiasticly sarcastic as I can). In less than two months I am expected to leave all of my friends, developed relationships, memories, and regular routines behind to be an ADULT. I am supposed to trade in the sleepless nights for extensive conference calls and social anixtey. Anxiety because of the uncertainty of people’s thoughts around me and less control of situations I may face. I am supposed to give up my comfort for that? I am supposed to give up potentially partying all night to be busy all day. “Careless fun” to structured sadness. 

At this point I see no purpose. 

See, I would feel this way if my University had not poured into me all the neccessary tools to be a successful professional. I would feel this way if I was unable to accept change and not see through all adversity I have faced through my duration here. Not only did I learn the Biological science subject matter, I was taught how to be my authentic self. I learned my capabilities, qualities, and my weaknesses. North Carolina Agricultural and Techinical State Univeristy has taken me up the mountain and at times put the mountain upon me. I’ve learned patiene and appreciation because things may not always go my way. 

There’s no school survival guide to achieving or maintaing a 4.0 GPA awhile heading several organizations or becoming more involved in campus life. There’s no set path to making it through N.C. A&T. It’s all about confidence and experience. Everyday I find myself facing a new issue to find a coping mechanism for because I have so many plans, but I will never know where life will take me. These are the 5 main tips that are keeping me grounded:

1. Faith

Do not seek happiness in others or become dependent of materialistic things to be the sole barrers of your happiness. Reconnect with your faith and make it a prority to discuss your endevours with God. Create list of pros and cons to follow that realign with your faith and improvements you’d like to see in your life.

2. Step Outside of the Situation

If you ever feel flustered or overwhelemed with responsibility, it is important to organize them based on demand and deadline. In college your education definetly comes first, but if you do not possess the energy to study you need to re-proritize your responsbilities. Remind Yourself of Your Mission

3. Remind Yourself of Your Mission

It is easier said than done to not forget your purpose, but at what cost does it make sense to overload yourself to appease others. Your investments should bring mutualistic relationships and or emotional support. By no means neccesary should a person be maniuplated into believing they are happy.

3. Begin With the End In Mind 

No one is perfect and at times it is okay to have to pause to recollect yourself. Try to instill the same confidence you had when you began a task or investment and build upon that until the end. You are 4 times more likely to complete a goal with knowing what result you are looking for.

I am Alexis Hooper, President of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University chapter of Her Campus.