This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

“What is a Forever Memory?” you may wonder. Forever Memories are things you can tell your kids you’ve done whether good or bad, these are the experiences worth reliving for the rest of your life. We’re in our 20 something’s and it is truly difficult to make these memories with a slim to none college coin, but here are some helpful tips that may make your college experience worth it.

1. Make a Seasonal Bucket List

Gather your friends and write down some activities that are nearby that won’t break the bank. For instance, it’s now fall so maybe a pumpkin patch or a maze. To attend a pumpkin patch, it only costs a few dollars (especially if you don’t buy a pumpkin). Maybe even watch seasonal movies with your girlfriends and buy a nice bottle of wine.

2. Air BnB it, Girl!

People always think big picture when it comes to Air BnB, but it can all be so simple. Pick a weekend for you and your boo to go out of town. This can be the city next to you or even the same city you live in. Just pick up and go! Use this time to step out of your comfort zone and be adventurous. Go on a bike ride, have a picnic, stop on the car ride and watch the sunset. Just be.

3. Take Photos

This seems to be the most obvious, but it is of the utmost importance. Take pictures, but not just of your fly outfit for instagram. These are real pictures and videos that you can one day develop and keep reminding yourself of your expereinces. Be careful to not become one of those people posting throughout your experiences or taking your Instagram followers on a play by play in your story. Try your best to be fully present.

Being in college makes it hard to budget for adventures, but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Make time to do the little things with the people who mean the most. These are the years we’ll never forget.

Hello my name is Lauryn Taylor and I am a third year,Public Relations and Marketing student at North Carolina A&T. Journalism is my passion and I hope through my writings you are able to see a small piece of me in each of them.
I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.