This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Summer 2019 was like no other summer before. With the re-emergence of female rappers, us ladies had a plethora of power anthems. Most songs from artists such as City Girls, Nicki Minaj, and Megan Thee Stallion encouraged us to get to the money, have fun, and leave lame guys alone. Now with summer being almost over, the question is how will we keep the same energy throughout the semester? 

Megan Thee Stallion has coined the phrases “Hot Girl” and “Hot Girl Summer” as a way to describe the atmosphere of the season. In the fall, however she wants to popularize the phrase “Hot Girl Semester”. Megan is a college student, like most of her fan base. She is studying Healthcare Administration at Texas Southern University, another well-known HBCU. 

Everyone should take advantage of the advice Megan gave via her Twitter Music takeover to have a Hot Girl Semester. 

1. “Get yourself a damn PLANNER!” 
  2. “Sit in the front row of all your classes! It helped me more and it made all my professors remember me” 
  3. “Dress super cute business casual at least twice a week.” 
  4. If possible do your assignments ahead of time!” 
  5. “STOP PROCRASTINATING”

Bray-Lynn is a Multimedia Journalism student at NCATSU. She loves writing and has her own blog alongside the work she does for HerCampus. Her ultimate goal is to inspire people.
I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.