This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

The Greatest Homecoming on Earth is now over and will not be returning again for over 300 days. However, the title “GHOE” did live up to its name! Many people believe homecoming only involves a football game, tailgating, the band, and the cheerleaders. Here at our illustrious university, our homecoming, also known as GHOE, is a celebrated  event that lasts a week.

Throughout the week, we host many events for both students and alumni which starts the Sunday before the weekend of the homecoming game, and doesn’t end until the Sunday after the Saturday homecoming football game.

On Sunday, October 18th, 2015, the event held for students was the Homecoming Coronation for our Mister and Miss A&T. This event also included A&T’s royal court.

On Monday October 19th, 2015, Residence Hall Association sponsored a sidewalk chalk competition in which students of NCAT created chalk drawings representing the university.

The university also held a gym jam entitled “GHOE Countdown” which was a huge party in Corbett Sports Center.

On Tuesday, Chancellor’s Choice and Punch N’ Paint which were held in Williams Dining Hall and the faculty dining room.

On Wednesday, October 21st, the Homecoming Comedy Show presented by SGA and Student Activities Board was held. The comedy show included Cedric the Entertainer and special guest Sommore with Host Tone-X.

On Thursday, October 22nd, the homecoming pep rally was held to get students excited for homecoming football game being held that coming Saturday. Rapper Waka Flocka Flame surprised students as he performed everyone’s favorite songs.

On Friday, October 23rd, the National Pan-Hellenic Step Show was held at the Greensboro Coliseum. The step show included performances from some active Greek organizations on campus.

On Saturday, October 24th, the homecoming parade began at 8am and was hosted by DJ Jimmy Jam, Keith Mac, and Wild Irish Rose.

The Aggie Homecoming Football game against the Howard University Bisons took place at 1pm and are were not defeated! That’s right, our football team took home the win with the final score ending with 65-14.

Later that night, the Homecoming Concert was held at the Greensboro Coliseum featuring Young Dro, Rae Sremmurd, Wale, Fetty Wap, and Future.

On the last day of GHOE, October 25th, the last event entitled “Festival of Praise” which is also known as the gospel concert. The gospel concert included everyone’s favorite gospel artists including Fred Hammond, Donnie McClurkin, Kim Burrell, and Hezekiah Walker.

GHOE is an event that brings all of our students, faculty, and alumni together. Now that GHOE is officially over, everyone is back to focusing on their studies. It was enjoyable while it lasted but now it’s time to get to back to the books! See you again in 52 weeks GHOE!

Read, write, and love!
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.