Ghoe Expectations v. Reality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Here at North Carolina A&T, we as Aggies know that GHOE (Greatest Homecoming on Earth) is a big deal. From wearing your most fashionable outfits to attending events like the homecoming concert, GHOE is a week that cannot be compared to no other. Even though we as Aggies envision that Homecoming to be the most lit week of the school year, we also encounter some let downs.

Here are a few of the expectations versus reality scenarios that almost every Aggie can relate to during homecoming season.

1. Getting your tickets for GHOE events

Expectation: Getting your ticket/s bright, early and in a timely fashion.

Reality: Waiting hours upon hours until you get your ticket

2. Ordering your GHOE outfits

Expectation: Splurging on an array of outfits to wear for each event.

Reality: Realizing that you need to watch your spending. You still have to live after GHOE.

3. Looking cute at the parties with your girls

Expectation: Walking in like you and your squad owns the place

Reality: You all end up turning up so much that it is kind of embarrassing.

4. Getting your work done before you go out for the night

Expectation: Having all assignments completed so you can relax before heading out.

Reality: You decided to procrastinate and go out instead.  Now you must rush to get your work submitted before the deadline.

Happy Homecoming Aggies!

Chandler is a professional Target shopper from Charlotte, North Carolina. Chandler Colclough is also a senior Journalism and Mass Communication student with a concentration in Multimedia Journalism. As a well-rounded journalist, Chandler is ambitious in reaching her career goal as CEO of her own lifestyle magazine publication. She will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with a concentration in Multimedia Journalism at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in May two-thousand and twenty. In her free time, Chandler enjoys watching Buzzfeed's Tasty food videos and buying candles that remind her of the Fall and Winter.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.