Get to Know Your Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

With General Elections behind us and Run-Offs on the horizon it’s important to still get to know the candidates who are running for various positions across this campus. 

We decided to help the students get to know each run-off candidate a little bit better by asking them about their favorite quote.

Kendall Mack

Running for: Mister Sophomore

Quote:“It’s better to be empowered not in power. Empower yourself, your peers, and empower your community.” -Kendall Macj

Derek J. Edwards

Running for: Mister Sophomore

Quote: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Chanel Bostic

Running for: Junior Class Vice President 

Quote: “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.” -Mark Twain

Kacey Sumter

Running for: Junior Class Vice Presient 

Quote: “Faith without work is dead.”

Jasmine Boles

Running for: Miss A&T

Quote: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Leila Diallo

Running for: Miss A&T

Quote: “If your abscence doesn’t make a differnce, your presence never did.” 

Curtis Pope

Running for: Mister A&T

Quote: “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.” James 2:26

Jeffron Smalls

Running for: Mister A&T
Quote: “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”

Goodluck to all the candidates! Voting will take place on April 6th 8am-6pm at the Student Center or online!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.