Get to Know the Future Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

There will be a new addition to The Royal Family. Prince harry proposed to Meghan Markle earlier this week. Markle and the prince have been dating since May 2016. Many celebrity gossip sites and fans predicted that the engagement would happen, but how well do you know the soon to be royal Megan Markle?   

1. Meghan actually goes by her middle name. Her first name is Rachel.

2. She is a skilled calligrapher. Markle would do calligraphy on the side for weddings and events.

3. Meghan is a person of color! Her father is white and her mother is black.

4. She adopted one of Ellen DeGeneres’ dogs. They ran into each other at a dog shelter and the rest was history.

5. Meghan is a humanitarian and philanthropist. Ever since she was young, her mom educated her on the importance of giving back to her community.

I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.