Four Ways to Survive the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

1. Get Organized!

It’s the end of the semester, and your professor expects you to be well prepared so do not procrastinate! Don’t wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments, projects, or even just to study. Get a planner or a calendar to organize your assignments, events you need to attend, and even meetings you may have. Organizing your schedule will make your life twice as easy!

1. Take Care of Yourself!

Self-care and mental health are very important in college. Everyone gets headaches due to a high amount of stress. To combat your physical and mental health, make sure you are getting an adequate amount of sleep. An average of 8 hours of sleep at night, will do the job. Exercise is also important for your health! Not only does it give you a break from studying, but it releases tension and stress related to both school and your social life. A good consistent diet also helps! Make sure you stay hydrated and opt for well balanced meals!

1. Balance Your Social & Academic Life!

With the semester already kicking in, you may find it hard to balance both your academic and social life. It takes effective time management skills to juggle between schoolwork and fun activities. There may be times when its necessary to stay in on the weekends, to finish an assignment, rather than going to a party. This week try finishing your assignments ahead of time, so that you can have your weekends to yourself!

1. Strive to Thrive!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re almost there! Spring is here, and Summer is near!

Remember that you’re almost finished! It’s called the “final stretch,” for a reason. The semester is almost over! No more papers, exams, or 2-hour lectures! Don’t lose your momentum just yet, take advantage of your resources available to you offered by your professors, colleagues, and faculty members. Be sure to visit your professor’s office so they can get to know you more!

Remember, Strive to Thrive! Not only academically, but socially too! Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone!

Hello, I am Kayla Rucker,I am from Charlotte, North Carolina, and a Junior here at North Carolina A&T State University. I am a Journalism/Mass Communications student, with a concentration of Multi-media Journalism. I am a inspiring Journalist, who has a passion for filming, television, digital media, and Social Media Marketing.
I am Alexis Hooper, President of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University chapter of Her Campus.