The Faces of Her Campus: Brenae Snowden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

I am Brenaé Snowden, currently a senior, business marketing at North Carolina A&T State University. I serve as as the event coordinator for the North Carolina A & T chapter of Her Campus. In my free time I love to curate different DIY projects and anything that consists of expressing my creativity. I love Her Campus because it gives women a place to be all about women and express ourselves in a way that only we’d understand. I am very passionate about the progression of this organization and happy that I am able to contribute to something of this magnitude. I look forward to seeing where the Her Campus chapter of North Carolina A&T is able to grow towards.

What motivates you to complete a task other than knowing it’s something you have to do?

Something that motivates me to complete a task is knowing that whatever I’m accomplishing is making me better than I was yesterday or even 30 seconds ago. By pushing my self to complete tasks I am able to stretch my abilities and practice discipline.

If you could give your past self some advice what would it be?

There are sooo many things I would tell my past self but one being to never shrink myself to help someone else appear bigger or more superior. I often stayed quiet and denied myself opportunities out of insecurity and not being vocal on my stance on certain things.

However, as I have grown, I am not afraid to make it known that I’m sitting at the table. Do you believe in soulmates?

I do believe in soulmates. I believe that God has created someone compatible for everyone. I can’t wait to meet mine. ️

I am Alexis Hooper, President of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University chapter of Her Campus.