Every Girl Needs Her Theme Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

With the change in weather comes a change in mood. While we were once strutting our stuff to class with Nicki Minaj and Beyonce’s “Feeling Myself” or Rae Sremmurd’s “This Could Be Us” on blast, the falling leaves are now giving off a softer and relaxed vibe. The pep that was once in our step has now turned into a slow and peaceful stroll, so it’s only right that the music we step to captivates that feeling.

Getting dressed in the mornings can be a drag, especially if you’re in college. It’s near the end of the semester and almost all motivation has been consumed by group projects and midterms. 

If you barely feel like getting out of bed, how could you possibly feel like looking and dressing your best? That’s exactly why we should all have that special playlist on standby to help inspire our #ootd (outfit of the day).

Being that Nicki and Beyonce had us reaching for our cutest one piece bathing suits and bamboo style earrings over the summer, it’s now time to switch up the flow a bit and find new songs that will match our combat boots and thigh high socks.

The fun and energetic songs that were once blaring from our speakers, to match our short-shorts and orange lipsticks, are no longer called for. To go along with your vanilla lattes, cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks, and vampy lipsticks, you now need new a playlist to match your fall time fly.

Here’s a compilation of some old, and some new, songs to further complement your new attitude and ego.

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.