This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Was it the warm kisses that you would always place lightly among my cheeks? Could it be the soft touches and gentle hugs that you would place upon me? I’m sitting here pondering and thinking of what could actually make me love you, even if you don’t deserve my love.

I was once told that relationships are like a two-way street. You know, how cars go both ways? Well, your love with your significant other should go the same way. Giving love and sharing yourself with someone else is a beautiful thing. To see the look in their beautiful brown eyes as they gaze into yours, without hesitation of if they love you, is just an unbearable feeling. The feeling of getting butterflies when you see one another and the feelings of excitement you get by just being around them. The sigh of awe that you have by just smelling their scent as it lingers among you. Being in one another’s presence without even saying a sound. It feels good. The love is there. The love is in the air. The love is given and it is all so lovely.

It’s all lovely until you realize that only one of you feels that way. Only one of you gets butterflies among approaching one another. Only one of you likes to gaze into the others eyes. Only one of you sighs with awe. Only one of you even remembers the scent that the other has on. Only one of you enjoys quiet time with one another, or even time at all. Only person has love to give, love to share, love to spare, and actually cares. Only one of you is giving their love. Only one of you knows the lovely side of love while the other person absorbs it all in for fun. Suddenly, you realize that the two-way street is now a dead end…

Hello! My name is Krystal and I love talking, writing, and fashion!
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.