Career

Campus Cutie: Horatio Douglas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Horatio Douglas Jr. is a Senior from Suffolk, VA majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications and Entrepreneurship. 

Not only is Horatio a campus cutie, but also is known for making funny and relatable commentaries about life at NC A&T.

Her Campus NCAT: How did you get started with making rants/commentaries?

Horatio: I started when I was in High school. I started listening to Charlamagne tha God. He was my biggest influence and from there I thought “I could do this”. I always liked talking and was always the center of attention in conversations in school so, I started putting videos on YouTube.

Her Campus NCAT: What is your process for creating content?

Horatio: Honestly, it just comes to me. A lot of the times, especially when I do a video about A&T, I just walk around or I hear somebody say something or I see something and I start saying it over and over in my head and trying to make it funny. I’m not trying to be different, but just trying to make the topic I’m thinking about entertaining.

Her Campus NCAT: How is your content on YouTube different from your content on other social medias?

Horatio: The only difference is I recorded my face [on Instagram and twitter]. In high school it was straight audio. I kind of wanted it to just be my voice because I want to do radio. When I started doing my videos on twitter and Instagram, I started recording myself and those became a lot more popular.

Her Campus NCAT: Do you have any other extracurriculars other than band?

Horatio: I’m an Aggie Mentor, I’m a part of Men of the Move, and I’m a Student Representative for the Office of Student Development. The majority of my time is taken up by band. I’ve been in band for four years and it’s taught me discipline. That’s why I’m still doing it, because I need discipline in my life. I need to know I need to be somewhere at a certain time.

Her Campus NCAT: When you’re not making videos, what do you do in spare time?

Horatio: I listen to a lot of podcasts; I’m a fan of that culture. My favorite podcast is The Read. I interviewed them this summer when I was in D.C.

Her Campus NCAT: What is something you want the students of NCAT to know about you that we wouldn’t know just from following you?

Horatio: I’m really laid back. I’m not the attention guy. It makes me feel weird like people will walk up to me and someone told me the other day I was an inspiration. I have to get out of that though. I have to get out of myself.

Her Campus NCAT: What advice would you give to freshmen?

Horatio: Focus on class. We all love to party and have fun, but the only way to do that is to be in school. I’ve seen people that I came in with and not come back because they were focused on the wrong things. You will get the experience.

Her Campus NCAT: You made a video of how to shoot your shot on campus, how would you want ladies to shoot their shot with you?

Horatio: I’m really big on conversation. I really like eye contact. I would actually not prefer the DM method. I know that’s very common amongst our age group. I like to be approached, but I also like to approach, myself. I’ll pick up a lingering eye. 

Her Campus NCAT: What is your perfect date?

Horatio: This actually happened this past summer. I went to a museum. This was my first time I have not went bowling or to the movies. Doing something I wouldn’t normally do and learning something. Whatever that entails, just doing something different, like walking somewhere. I feel like things are overused like the movies and the mall.

Be sure to check out Horatio on all of his social medias!

https://www.instagram.com/horatioradio/

https://twitter.com/horatioradio

https://www.youtube.com/user/theletmehate

I am a GRADUATING Senior majoring in Secondary English Education from the Bull City, Durham, NC. I plan to be an English Teacher that encourages learning and wants to reform public education. I am very silly and playful and laid back. I believe that we are here for a good time, not a long time, so we should take risks and enjoy life.
I am a multimedia journalism student at North Carolina A&T. I love film and hope to one day direct my own movies.