This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Name: Jordan McAlpine

Nicknames:  Mickey Treez, Mactastic

Major: Graphic Design Technology

Class: ’17 Junior

Hometown: Smyrna, Georgia

Campus Involvement: Campus Life Mentor ’15-‘16

Social Media: IG- _mactastic_ , Snapchat- ogmactastic

Why did you choose graphic design as your major?

I chose graphic design because I dabbled in it in high school. I’ve been drawing and painting since I was a kid. Graphic design made it easier because now I can digitize my work and I want to make a profession out of it. I feel that I’m really good at it and it’s one of my gifts.

What are your hobbies?

Other than BigFishTV, I roller-skate when I can. I also write music, and I draw/sketch.

What is BigFishTV?

BigFishTV is basically like an entertainment group and we strive to entertain the masses as well as promote other artists. What we do is we make comedic videos, we do poetry, we rap, we can sing. We also host Freestyle Fridays here on A&T’s campus.

What is the main goal of BigFishTV and where do you see it going?

The goal is to create theatrical material such as comedic entertainment and musical expression that transcends across all generations and cultures while also uplifting the community as a whole. I also see it becoming a popular entertainment group, something similar to Dormtainment. BigFishTV  can and will go as far as we want to take it; the opportunities are endless and our future is bright.

What kind of writing do you do?

I write rap verses. Not so much R&B, but if I’m in the mood I’ll write a nice lil melody even though I can’t sing.

Who is your favorite artist right now?

I would say my favorite artist right now is Drake. I feel like he is the most versatile rapper in the game right now. He can sing, he can rap, and he can hop on any type of beat which is interesting.

Who or what inspires you the most?

I would say I get my inspiration from my parents. Specifically my dad. I view him as a huge role model. When I come across certain situations I think “Okay, what did my parents tell me about how to handle this? How would they go about doing this?” or thinking about what they would do and what I’m thinking about doing and making it come together so that I can make a concrete decision.

Do you think you have a celebrity look alike?

A couple I’ve heard. I’ve been referred to as a baby Drake, even though I really feel like I don’t look like him. The other ones are Tiger Woods and J. Cole.

Favorite and most annoying qualities about yourself?

I like the fact that I’m goal oriented. I will work until I feel that I have completed everything there is to complete. My most annoying trait is that I’m over analytical about a lot of stuff and sometimes I just need to take a step back and let things happen.

If you could give the past you any key of advice, what would it be?

It’s gonna be alright and that I’m gonna get to where I need to be. There’s no need to rush anything.

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.