courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Are You the Mom Friend?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Mom Friend: (Noun)

Every squad has one. This is the friend within your squad who is not your biological mother, but favors the characteristics of being overly protective, responsible, and worrying a little more than needed.

If one of your friends did not fit this definition, then you are more than likely the Mom Friend of the group and can totally relate to these 10 Mom Friend habits.

1. You give lectures to your friends for their bad decisions.

2. You always make sure that everyone in squad leaves together and that no one is left behind.

3. Your friends come to you for genuine advice because you are always honest with them.

4. You are always supportive in anything that they do.

1. You are the mediator of heated arguments.

2. You carry literally anything for “what if” situations. 

3. Your friends enjoy your cooking. 

4. You get worried when your friends do not let you know if they made it home safe. 

5. You are always considered a party pooper because you hardly like to stay out late. 

6. Even though you are always on your friends, they genuinely appreciate you. 

Chandler is a professional Target shopper from Charlotte, North Carolina. Chandler Colclough is also a senior Journalism and Mass Communication student with a concentration in Multimedia Journalism. As a well-rounded journalist, Chandler is ambitious in reaching her career goal as CEO of her own lifestyle magazine publication. She will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with a concentration in Multimedia Journalism at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in May two-thousand and twenty. In her free time, Chandler enjoys watching Buzzfeed's Tasty food videos and buying candles that remind her of the Fall and Winter.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.