7 Things Every Young Queen Should Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Being a queen is not about how many other women you can intimidate or dominate. Being a queen is about being confident in the young woman that you are and all that you can achieve.

In today’s world it’s easy for a lot of young women to forget just how much of a queen they are and just how important it is to keep themselves uplifted and have a positive mindstate. That’s exactly why I’ve asked a few of my fellow classmates and peers for one piece of advice they would give other young women just to keep them encouraged and head strong.

This is what they shared!

1. 

Jacqueline Alston : North Carolina A&T : Junior : Public Relations

“Every queen should know that she’s worth more than she settles for.”

2. 

Andria Brown : East Carolina University : Junior : Child Development

“Love yourself more than any man, situation, or pain.”

3. 

Camari Claiborne : North Carolina A&T : Junior : Psychology

“Be a lady. Meaning, be classy, be courteous, and be strong within yourself.”

4. 

Candice Jones : North Carolina A&T : Junior : Supply Chain Management

“Be bold, intelligent, and giving.”

5. 

Amaya Starkey : Howard University : Junior : Public Relations

“You are strong and God has equipped you you with the tools to make it through life.”

6. 

Alexis Rogers : North Carolina A&T : Junior : Public Relations

“There’s no love greater than the love you give and show to yourself and always follow your gut.”

7. 

Shila Wofford : North Carolina A&T : Junior : Sports Science and Fitness Management

“Comparing yourself to others will never bring you happiness.”

I hope you’ve found these tips and keys of advice to be helpful! As young women it is important for us to all stick together and make sure we’re helping one another conquer any and all obstacles. Girl power is the best power!

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.