5 Ways to Occupy Your Time During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

There are so many things to do over winter break. Some of us work and some don’t. For those who will be spending their days cooped up in the house until 2017 turns into 2018, this list is for you.

Watch TV

If you’re looking for a quick way to kill time then Netflix and Hulu are about to be your absolute best friends this break. Check out a list of 5 shows that are great for watching over winter break.

Take up a hobby

Maybe knit that scarf you’ve already dreamed about or paint that canvas that’s been sitting in your room. Jump on YouTube and you can follow a ton of tutorials into 2018.

Read

For those of us who still find reading fun, this is the perfect time to catch up on all of our favorite books we didn’t have the chance to read during the semester.

Keep learning

With endless days of sitting at home on the horizon, use this time to sharpen or learn a skill that you’ve always been itching to gain. With YouTube at your side you can practically learn anything.

Workout

Don’t wait for January 1st to start your resolution of being healthier. You’ll have plenty of time to research healthy ways of living and workout plans that you can start over break and bring into 2018.

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.