Acai bowl spots in Singapore to beat the heat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nanyang Tech chapter.

Originating from Brazil, acai bowls, or, açaí na tigela, have been all the rave since its introduction in Singapore. Over the years, acai places in our sunny island have been sprouting, making the healthy dessert more accessible for many. This superfood has become a popular option on a hot day, the light, cool dessert would leave you refreshed and energised. 

Here are some hidden acai spots in Singapore for fans of this purple dessert:

1. The Good Boys

Firm believers of healthy fast food, The Good Boys (TGB) is a cafe serving refreshing acai bowls and, for the coffee lovers, locally-roasted coffee brewed in-house. The cafe is committed to serving the freshest ingredients to all customers. Featured Seth Lui, epicure, and Miss Tam Chiak, TGB serves up acai bowls in heart-shaped bowls. Some crowd favourites include the TGB Acai Bowl (Ingredients include: banana, strawberry, blueberry, goji berry, mixed seeds, coco flakes), $13.00 and Fruity Matcha (Ingredients include: mang0, banana, matcha, spinach, pineapple, chia seeds), $15.00. 

If you feel like having a warm meal before the acai goodness, I highly recommend the Ducka Waka ($11.00), which serves up smoked duck, cherry tomato, wakame seaweed, onsen egg, furikake, and sesame sauce on a hotbed of rice. Yum. Beverages include mocha ($5.00), flat white ($4.50), and latte ($4.50). Check out more from their menu here.

Location:

Tai Seng

#01-26 1 Irving Place

The Commerze Building

Singapore 369546

1. Summer Lab

Offering a variety of superfood smoothie bowls with fresh fruits, along with a selection of hot beverages and a range of oat milk latte, Summer Lab is your summer hangout spot. Find succulent style acai bowls in Blue Surf, Pure Vibe, and Jungle Matcha on their menu, featuring ingredients like cacao buckinis, butterfly pea, and chia pudding. They also have lovely acai bowls to compliment the season – birthdays, christmas. 

Location:

33 Erskine Rd

Near the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, Chinatown

1. Men On A Mission

Striving to change the perception from healthy eating as a hassle to healthy eating being as accessible as fast food chains, Men On A Mission (MOAM) was founded by two Indonesian friends, serving great food with fresh produce. Helmed by Chef Fahmi, MOAM’s signature acai bowls include Ipanema – coconut milk sorbet, strawberry, cacao nibs, etc. and Parà – cookie drizzle, raspberry sorbet, dragon fruit, etc ($9.90 (S)  and $14.90 (M)). MOAM is halal certified.

Location:

371 Beach Road

City Gate #B1-36

Singapore 199597

1. Marcy

Marcy’s founder named Marcy after three significant women in her life – Margaret, Nancy, and Alice. The cafe aims to offer a homely atmosphere where customers can enjoy a refreshing bowl of acai along with freshly baked pastries and beverages including their signature Hokkaido fresh boosts. Inspired by its founder’s years in New York City, their Acai Chia Pudding, Acai Yogurt, and Marcy Original ($7.20 – $15.60) are the three star acai bowls of the cafe. Their acai bowls have one of the highest acai content and are not diluted with artificial compounds, making it a bowl of rich acai goodness!

Location:

1 Fusionopolis place, Galaxis

#01-16

Singapore 138522

1. The Walkin Acai

This acai place does not have any artificial liquids and prides themselves on having one of the lowest calories and sugars per serving in their acai bowls! Freshly prepared with every order, their organic acai is topped with a variety of ingredients, including granola, sorbet, and a selection of fruits. They also have artfully named acai bowls for customers to choose from – Oh Fudge and The Stripper. 

Location:

The Promenade @ Pelikat

183 Jalan Pelikat, #B1-94

Head on down to any of these acai spots whenever the craving sets in!

Gabrielle Chua

Nanyang Tech '24

With a stash of Roald Dahl novels in her possession from childhood, Gabrielle seldom has a tight grip on reality. In her spare time, she enjoys printmaking and writing for her local animal shelter.