Triple The Love, Triple The Trouble

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

From the day I was born I have always been different from most people. For me, being a triple is normal part of my life, but others believe it to be fascinating and ask questions about what my life is like. Being a triplet is something that doesn’t define me, but it is part of who I am as a person.

I have shared every birthday, momentous life event,  and school graduation with my two brothers.  When people ask me questions about being a triplet, I try to give them an honest answer. My answer normally reflects my mood toward my brothers at the time; Sometimes I answer with how it’s  a challenge being the only girl with two brothers my same age. Other times I will answer with “oh it’s alright.”

From the moment we were born to when we graduated high school, my brothers and I have always been around each other 24/7. After graduating high school 2 years ago, I went to a different school than my brothers. It was definitely a different feeling going to school without my brothers. My brothers have normally been by my side. Though after being in different schools for 2 years now, it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

I was no longer known as a triplet (most people don’t even know). I could be my own person. In college, I have learned though that I would like to be known as a triplet, because it is a part of my life. People ask about my siblings and even though we don’t always get along, they are my brothers, and they are technically a third of me. They have gone through all the major milestone with me and I couldn’t imagine my life any other way. Even if I do sometimes say that I wish things were a little different. My parents tripled the love at once and I am glad that I am a triplet.       

Mville Class of '18 Musical Theater Major, American Studies Minor.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.