This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

This summer was filled with so many memories that I will never forget. With this being my last summer as a college student, I felt like it was only fitting to write about my 3 favorite things I did this summer.

1. May: Disney World. I had an amazing opportunity to travel to Disney World with the Manhattanville Dance Ensemble to perform in Disney Springs. It was a week of rides like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Toy Story Mania and, my personal favorite, Rock n’ Rollercoaster featuring Aerosmith. We also got to meet many of our favorite characters like my favorite Belle, my friend Stacey’s favorite Aurora and my friend Damiana’s favorite Snow White. (We certainly love our Disney Princesses) We even got the chance to be in Disney World when they opened up Pandora- The World of Avatar. I also had an opportunity to meet up with a friend who moved to the Orlando area years ago and meet for the first time in person in about 10 years. It was a trip I will always remember.

1. July: At the beginning of July I got to see Billy Joel live in concert at Madison Square Garden. My family had decided forever ago to see him, and it was exciting getting to sing along with my mother and brothers, who were always singing Billy Joel around the house. My mother actually saw Billy Joel in concert when she was around my age so she was reminiscing about the first she had gone while we were there. I had never been to Madison Square Garden before and I never realized how big it was until I was actually inside. This concert was so lively and entertaining I was very disappointed when it ended. It was one of the best concerts I had ever been to.

1. August: As part of my parents anniversary my family and I went to Newport, Rhode Island. This was the first time for many of us visiting and we were all pretty excited. We started our trip off with lunch on the water; it was such a pretty view with boats going by on the water. Next was shopping in the middle on Newport. Being the tourist that I am, I bought a green, white and grey shirt that said Newport, RI on it, just to remember my trip. After a while of shopping we headed to the Cliff Walk – a 3 mile trail along the ocean line where you can walk and look at different historic mansions and a glimpse of the Salve Regina University campus. Of course, we didn’t get to see all the mansions, but one of the mansions was used to film the original Great Gatsby movie starring Robert Redford as Jay Gatsby. My family and I decided to take a tour of the Breakers mansion, which was built and lived in by members of the Vanderbilt family. Touring this mansion was so incredible. You really got to see how architecture has evolved over time and also the amazing view of the ocean from their backyard and terrace. It was an amazing trip with my family that we all enjoyed and a great way to end my summer vacation.

2.  

Mville Class of '18 Musical Theater Major, American Studies Minor.
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..