This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Let’s be honest. Being single on Valentine’s Day isn’t the greatest thing in the world. Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day filled with love. Here are a few ideas for your Valentine’s Day suck a lot less. After all, self-love is the best love, am I right?

1. Treat yourself (Literally) – Valentine’s Day gifts are often sweet, and by sweet, I mean, usually a box of chocolates. That’s where you can’t go wrong! So instead of receiving one, go out and buy one for yourself! You know what they say, “Money can’t buy us happiness, but it can buy chocolate, and that’s kind of the same thing.”

2. Avoid the lovey-dovey movies – Romance movies? A big NO-NO. Instead, try watching a comedy.

3. Pamper – Taking care of yourself is important, but it’s also fun! Go get a mani-pedi, try a new face mask, or even take a warm shower.

4. Do what you like – Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be boring. Do what you like to do! Go to the gym, read your favorite book, discover new music. Keep yourself busy!

5. You don’t have to be alone – Go out! (with your single gal pals, of course!) Grab your friends and head out to the mall or see a funny movie! You’ll forget it’s Valentine’s Day!

Odyssey grew up in Ossining, NY. She attends Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY as a Junior. There, she also works as a Circulation Student Supervisor at her college's library. Odyssey enjoys social media, writing poetry, writing articles for Her Campus, designing posters, and playing volleyball.  Contact: Email: andrewso@student.mville.edu Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/odysseymaryann
Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Manhattanville  Want to join? Feel free to contact me at 1(914)467-9567 or cheskavkola@gmail.com