Senior Stories: Charlie Rusch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

If you go to Manhattanville, you must know Charlie Rusch. He’s everywhere these days on campus. You can see him leaving a meeting in the castle or even working in the OSA office. He’s also always attending various events on campus. While he is a commuter, he’s made his mark on campus by being highly involved.

Charlie is from White Plains, New York and is an International Studies major with a concentration in International Management and Political and Economic Relations. He’s President of the Student Government Association and an Office Assistant in the Office of Student Activities. Why did he decide on Manhattanville? “The small class sizes and the proximity to my home.” He said. His favorite class that he’s taken is International Relations Since 1945 and his favorite professor is Jim Bryan.

During his time at Manhattanville, Charlie took advantage of everything he could. “I was able to be the Student Body President, I had an internship at a mortgage company and even got to study abroad in Argentina.” He said. Charlie has Argentinian roots in his family which made him want to go abroad even more.

Graduation is only three weeks away and those who are graduating are beginning to stress about plans. Charlie is fully invested in making sure he has concrete plans after he crosses the stage in May. “My plan is to work at an insurance company. My goal is to travel, continue learning and give back to the community.” He said passionately.  The idea of community is what also ties to his Manhattanville experience. “I’m going to miss being a part of the community and taking classes here for sure.” He added.

Now that the future is near, where does Charlie see himself 10 years from now? “I see myself married with 4 kids, working as a manager for an insurance company and living in Greenwich, Connecticut.” He laughed.

His advice for students? “Get involved and take classes that interest you, but also challenge your views.” He said firmly.

His finals words? “Don’t lose focus and go Valiants!” He chuckled. 

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.